
I can't believe it has been 10 weeks since this sweet little girl came into our lives. I also can't thank everyone enough for all their love and support through everything. Now Zoe's story:
I woke up the morning of my c-section totally freaked out. I was freaked out because little Miss Zoe had not moved that morning. It took her about 45 mins after I woke up to move, and her movement was very minimal after that. I got in the shower to get ready because I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 9:30 for my c-section at 11:30. So I knew that everything would be ok but still had a total melt down. Now looking back I know that melt down was much needed to get all of my nerves out of the way. Jesse and I finished getting ready said bye to Mason and told him the next time he would see us his sister Zoe would be here. He waved bye and went back playing with is Legos.
As Jesse and I were in the car everything seemed so surreal. Mason was a c-section as well but it was after I labored for 20 hours ish. So this whole just going to the hospital to have a baby without the labor part was weird, but oh so nice! We got to the hospital, walked into labor and delivery, where the nurses were waiting for us, and went into our room. They hooked me up to the monitor for about a half an hour and filled us in on everything that was going to happen. Then at about 11:00 the nurse came back to say they were running ahead of schedule and that we were going to get ready. At that point I just took a deep breath and said a quick prayer, then we were off.
I walked to the surgical room with Jesse, but then Jesse had to wait outside the room while they got me ready. He was allowed to sit with me as soon as they were done with my spinal tap. Now while they were prepping me the radio was on and I remember hearing "Grease is the Word" playing but right as Jesse came in to be with me our wedding song, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton came on. It was just what I needed.
Now before Zoe made her appearance my doctor cleaned up my c-section scar and I had some endometriosis they removed. Jesse and I were just hanging out talking when all of the sudden our nurse calls out 11:45 and then I heard the best sound. Zoe crying was so soothing and so amazing to me. There she was, 7lbs 8oz, 19 inches long, and perfect. The cleaning station was right next to my head so I was able to see Zoe get cleaned up and checked out. It was great! After they got her wrapped up they brought her to me so that I could give her a kiss and see her close up. Zoe was screaming, but she was so beautiful! I knew I loved her but it was love at first sight.

After I got to see Zoe the nurses took her to the nursery to be weighed and all that good stuff. Jesse went with her and took pictures while the doctors finished with me. It took about 25 mins after Jesse and Zoe left for the doctors to finish and then I was sent to my recovery room. Jesse came in first then Zoe. She was perfect and was so small, and hungry! She had NO problems nursing what so ever, and still doesn't.

My Mom brought Mason to the hospital to meet his little sister for the first time. Mason gave her a kiss and then wanted to play with his toys we had for him. He really didn't want to have anything to do with her at first. He did not like her, he just wanted to play instead. Now though, Mason adores his sister. He has taken to her so well and we haven't really had any jealousy issues at all. He has adjusted quite well. Mason loves to look at Zoe and he gives her kisses almost as much as I do, almost!
Zoe has Jesse wrapped around her finger. It is too cute to see them together.
Zoe's delivery was so much different from Mason's. With Mason my body didn't take well to labor and by the time they were doing my c-section I was falling asleep from being so tried. So I really don't remember much. I have had a much easier recovery with this c-section as well. With Mason it wasn't bad but I was on meds for pain for a while, and with Zoe I was off of everything within a week. I am so incredibly grateful for how smoothly Zoe's pregnancy and delivery went. Everything was and has been amazing.


1 comment:
Great story! Oh how I love that little girl. And you too Katie, I'm so glad it all went so smoothly for you.
Post a Comment