Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Disneyland and Christmas



Disneyland: The Happiest Place on Earth!
My AMAZING parents had planned a family trip to Disneyland for everyone for Christmas. It was one of the BEST presents! But I have to be honest, this trip was not our best. It started about 2 weeks before our trip. Jesse started to get a head cold and coughing, so we got meds and tried to stay on top of them. He seemed to be getting better until about two days before we left. Mason also started to get sick about a week before we left so I got meds and tried to stay on top of that too. Saturday came (the day before we were to leave) and Mason and Jesse woke up feeling worst and their eyes gouped shut. What was I to do? So I drugged up Jesse and took Mason to Quick Care. After MANY tears we found out that Mason had an ear and throat infection plus pink eye. AWESOME! Bags are packed, hotel is booked and tickets are bought. I had no idea what to do. After many talks and phone calls plus a couple prescriptions later we decided to go. I know crazy! So Sunday morning our alarms went off bright and early and we loaded the cars and headed to Disneyland.






Jesse was the first to spot Matterhorn and next thing we knew we were on the trams to DISNEYLAND!!! Mason loved everything as we walked in but then I had this great idea to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride first. This picture is Mason waiting in line and still happy. Disneyland after that though went downhill. The ride FREAKED Mason out, and he cried the rest of the trip. (Note to self DON'T go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride first or maybe EVER!) I even had Mason kicking and screaming when we had to get on the trams to go to our car. As that first day started to whined down Jesse was not feeling well, Mason was tried and scared of everything, and it started to rain, so we called it an early night.
The next day we slept in and took our time to get to the park. Jesse woke up feeling worst than ever so he stayed behind and Mason and I tried the park again. I did get Mason on one ride but that was it. That night we got to watch World of Color which was AMAZING!!! I loved it but of course Mason hated it. It was too loud for him.
As we woke up the last day Jesse was still feeling horrible and Mason was crying because he didn't want to go back to Disneyland, so we decided to call it a trip and head home. It was not our best trip to Disneyland but we WILL be back. Now to Christmas!




Christmas started on the eve for us. The Russells every year have an amazing Christmas Eve dinner and it was, as every year, AMAZING! We also stayed the night at the Barton's house. Ever since Jesse and I got married, we have done Christmas Eve and morning with the Russell's and Christmas night with my family. And of course Jesse and I are the best parents and didn't take any pictures Christmas morning. My parents got me High School Musical Sing It!!!! It is pretty awesome, I love it!!


Jesse loves this picture of Mason and I because we are excitedly looking at one of his new toys. Grandma and Grandpa Day and Russell SPOILED Mason SO MUCH!!!!! We are so grateful for our families and all that they do for us and Mason. I can't say enough how blessed we are!



For a thank you and Christmas present all of us girls are getting our parents their own slice of Disneyland. We are getting them a Disney Brick. They are the Bricks in between Disneyland and California. We are pretty excited for them! This plaque was something Lauren found to give to my parents with all the paperwork for the Brick. It is says, "The most important thing is family," Walt Disney. There is SO much truth in this. I am so grateful for family and the bonds I have with mine. Thank you SO much Grandma and Grandpa Day and Russell for ALL you do and have done for Mason, Jesse and I. We love you more than words can say! Thank you to my sisters and Jesse's sisters too! You guys are such amazing examples to me. I love you guys!!! And thank you Trevor for being such a great Uncle to Mason! He loves playing/wrestling with you. Family really is the most important thing!








2 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Good Job Katie! Love the post and love you! I was really bummed for your family during the whole Disneyland fiasco but you'll get to make better memories in the future. I'm grateful you're my sister and feel like we've gotten so much closer now that you live on this side of town and I LOVE that! Yeah for families!

Brad and Ashley Koch said...

We just got back from Disneyland! I love it there and it was my first time seeing World of Color too! I thought it was AMAZING!!!! Just awe inspiring the things Disney does. Sorry Disneyland wasn't such an amazing trip. We will all have to plan to go one day. I LOVE that place. I mean who wouldn't it IS the Happiest place on earth :)