Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Simple Things

Ever since I have become a Mom I have come to realize and appreciate the simple things in life. Mason wakes up ever morning around 6:30 or so, now most of you know I am not a morning person but when Mason wakes up he has a smile on his face. He is the happiest boy. He makes it so easy to wake up, you can't help but to smile back.
The simple words I love you. Jesse every morning before he goes to work gives me a kiss and tells me he loves me. Then every evening when he comes home he walks in says hi, gives me a kiss and says I love you. It means more to me then he knows.
Mason's face when he is getting angry is pretty amazing. I hate to see or hear him cry but I have never seen a bigger bottom lip then his. He totally gets his facal expressions from me and it's great.
Sleeping should never be taken for grated. Mason does do a pretty good job at night sleeping but we have our nights.
Having your family close is one of the biggest blessings Jesse and I have. We live with Jesse's family right now which at times is hard but we are so grateful that they are willing to help us out. Mason is Jesse's parents first Grandchild so I sometimes think that is why they let us stay. :) My family doesn't seem close but they are. I wish I could see them a lot more often which is funny because before I had Mason I was fine with the distance but now I want to be with them all the time.
Prayer. Prayer has helped me to survive in everything I do lately. I didn't pray much when I was inactive but now I don't really go a day without it. It helps keep me sane in this world knowing that I can go to my Heavenly Father any time , any place.
Jesse and Mason are my everything. They are my reason for living, and I am so grateful for them. I'm so grateful for Jesse and all he does for our family. He works so hard so that I can stay home and raise our son. Jesse is my soul mate and I am so lucky that I found him. I love him with all my heart. Thank you baby, and I love you!

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

This post made me cry Katie! You are such a different person from a few years ago and I am so loving this new side of you. It's totally true what they say about a child changes everything and I can see the great changes in you. I love you Katie and I love your little family. Saturday sounds great and we are looking forward to it. Just let us know what time! You guys are awesome!