Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Past

So Jesse and I have started going back to church after being away for too long. I can't believe all the blessings we have missed out on. It makes me sad but I have been trying my hardest to not dwell in the past. I know I have made many mistakes and I am so grateful for the Gospel, and being able to repent. I have been trying so hard to forget the past, when I need to take it and learn from it. I just hope if there is anyone that I have hurt in anyway can forgive me. I know that may be harder for some than others but I truly am sorry. I am looking forward to this new out look on life. I want to say thank you to all of you in my life that stayed around and were such amazing examples. I can't wait to be sealed to Jesse and Mason, and I can't wait to be a family forever.

5 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Oh Katie I love you! And hooray for figuring out comments! And of anyone I can understand the letting go of the past more than anyone. It will be five years this December since we were sealed, and I still deal with things. It gets better but I think the Lord wants us to remember some of it so we know what not to do in the future. I can't wait to all hangout again and see the cutest nephew ever! We love you guys!

JCLS said...

Katie-I am so excited for you and so happy you are going back to church. Things from the past are always going to be in your mind but the greatest thing you have is to look foward to all the blessings and other experiences and learn from the mistakes. Keep me updated! Loves!

Rachel said...

Hi Katie! You've always been such a sweetheart and so strong so I know you'll be able to accomplish anything you want to in life! Your family is so cute and I'm glad you guys are working to make it eternal. Anyways, Welcome to blogging :)

Lanier Household Creations said...

The blessings that come from the gospel are so amazing. I'm so glad that I had so many wonderful friends who were such good examples to me, and you were one of them! I'm so happy that you and Jesse are going to be sealed, that's the greatest blessing...to be sealed to your family and knowing that it is forever. I love the temple and I love going there. Sometimes it still seems so crazy to me, due to past issues, but there is the repentance process and it is amazing! Congrats!
PS. Mason is such a little cutie!

Lanier Household Creations said...

A play date would be way fun! The boys could just sit and stare at each other. I'm out of town of and on until Aug 8, so hpw about when I get back?!