Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a week!

I know this is a little late but here is an update!
Wow what a week! So Mason turned 4 months on Thursday. It feels like he was just born yesterday but I feel like he has been part of our family forever. With Mason turning 4 months we had a well check up with his doctor. So here are the stats: Mason weights 17 lbs and 4 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long. Now they say that your baby should double their weight by the time they are 6 months. Mason is 4 months and has doubled his weight and a little more. His doctor said that he is fine and that, that is normal. But man I still can't believe he has grown that much already. It's NUTS!!! Mason also got four shots. Two in each leg. Him getting shots is so hard for me. Now you would think shots would be a breeze for me since I gave myself one or two shots a day for my whole pregnancy but he just cries with so much pain. He had some oral medicines too. He threw it up twice so we had to keep doing it. Man it was hard. But on the bright side Mason's doctor said we can start him on solid foods. So on Thursday Mason had his first rice cereal dinner. He did a pretty good job. The faces he made were pretty awesome!
Now on the same day that I took Mason to the Doctor we took Cody to the vet. On Tuesday we saw a sore on Cody's paw, so we covered it up and made an appointment. We just thought it might be ringworm because Julie's dog, Indiana got it, but oh no. Cody's skin is severely irritated and infected. So Cody is on two medications and has to wear a cone so that he doesn't lick himself or his sore. Plus we had to get special food for him too. Jesse and I knew that Boston Terriers had allergy problems but we didn't think Cody's were that bad. He goes back to the vet next week so I will keep you update on him.
Needless to say Wednesday night Jesse and I had a poor Mason with a fever from his shots and a poor Cody puppy in a cone who was and still is very bitter. So much fun!
P.S. I will have pictures soon.

2 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

LOL! The cone is pretty sweet I must say. And that Mason is such a cutie...I just want to eat him up. Chubby babies are so much cuter :)Love ya Katie!

Ed and Stacey said...

I miss you! start blogging and let me know how you are. :) I hope you are well. Chat with you soon.
Love ya, stace