Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Fun!


My family, Mason and I went down to San Diego for the weekend. The main reason for going was that we got tickets to Legoland for Saturday. After getting to my Aunts house late Friday night, we all got up Saturday to start our day with some awesome food at the Potato Shack! This place is right by the beach and they have great food. Taryn and Ben's kids have never seen the ocean so after we ate we had to go to the beach real quick before Legoland. Mason has also never been to the beach so I was excited to see how he would acted. Mason LOVED the beach! He love being in the sand and ran right for the water. That's my boy!!! Mason was very sad when we had to go. I think we could of spent almost the whole day there. For sure we are coming back this summer so he and I can play more!




So I'm not going to lie and tell you all that Legoland was SO much fun. I am so grateful that I was able to go and spend time with my family but for little ones, like Mason's age, I do not recommend it. Mason couldn't go on any rides and for how long you had to wait for rides, it was not worth it. Now I am a Disney brat and I'm proud for that. Disney has just spoiled me when it comes to everything and anything about a family theme park. Sorry Legoland! Now don't get me wrong I did have fun but I guess not as much fun as I was hoping. I do have to say that the stuff made out of Legos was cool. That takes a lot for hard work and patience. Here is Mason and Soren with Lego SpongeBob.





When we were making our way out the gates at Legoland we walked through Miniland. It was cool to see all these famous towns done in Legos. And of course there was Las Vegas, so that was fun for us to see.
I really did have a fun time this weekend! I love hanging out with my family and spending as much time as I can with them! Thanks Mom and Dad for taking care of Mason and I all weekend! I love you guys! And thanks Joan and YB for letting us crash at your place. It was fun!

3 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

I totally have to agree with you on the weekend fun. It was a lot of fun, but Legoland was a little disappointing even for my older kids. I'm glad you had fun though. Ben and I are planning a beach trip in August, you should totally come with us. Love ya Katie!

Lanier Household Creations said...

Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for the heads up on Legoland! We need to hang out soon!!!

lqwakestud22 said...

Oh, the potato shack... what a dream! With the manhole size pancakes! I totally remember staying at your aunt's house... loved this post! Brought back fun memories. The pictures are so cute of Mason. What a doll!