Monday, November 3, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!

Carving pumpkins was a fun family event this year! Here we are getting started and gutting them. I don't though. I tried but I just can't. Too gross to feel!
Here is Jesse carving his pumpkin! Jesse always has to show everyone up. He is very talented at EVERYTHING he does. I get frustrated a lot, but he knows I still love him!





Jesse did a Gears of War pumpkin! It is a xbox 360 game that he plays. I have played it a couple times and it is fun. Gears of War 2 comes out this weekend. We are excited! Now I have never carved a pumpkin with a stecel, but this year I gave it a go and I did Frankenstein. It turned out pretty good, I think.




I found this recipe for a Pumpkin Brownie Chessecake and decidie to try it. It was really good, and pretty easy. I wanted to make it Halloween so I did the spider web and spider. Now I know it is not the best but I'm getting there.
Carving pumpkins was fun and baking is even more fun!

3 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Ben loves Jesse's Gears of War pumpkin! He said "so cool!"

Rachel said...

You did an awesome job on both the pumpkin and the cheesecake! Your family has some impressive pumpkin-carving skills :)

Lanier Household Creations said...

I LOVE those pumpkins! Those are awesome! I love your spiderweb too! You did a great job! That takes talent! I took a cake decorating class and I wans't very good at it!